Sign in to follow this  
Trippin

First impressions of your server

Trippin    4

Hello! 

Joined this server yesterday and I've been playing pretty much nonstop as this particular server has very addicting aspects, how ever it also has a lot of flaws at least from my perspective as a new player and a die hard grindscaper/achievement hunter. 

When I first logged in this guy called Kaizen ran after me everywhere spam trading me , waiting for my new player trade limit or what ever to run out, he then gave me some odd notes and I didn't think much of it. But quickly after I noticed it was 50b cash he gave me. I've never played in a server before where money has this little meaning, my quickly found joy and happiness was just as quickly ruined by the help chat telling me that money was absolutely nothing in this game. Well I was glad to discover they were not entirely right about that and I got myself a nice amount of gear and supplies to start my PvM journey to raiding and inferno attempts rather quick.

Which brings me to my first issue, instances such as raids are very laggy. I absolutely love the fact that you've got raids here, but surely theres something that can be done about the rooms being so bugged. 

Second, tile marks are off horrifically. Its impossible to click anything at raids accurately. For example, try to walk from bank to the entrance door without misclicking another player or vice versa. Impossible. Same goes for the chamber itself, the tile markings of the boss itself are off by quite a bit, clicking certain areas is very difficult and misclicking happens a lot. Combine that with the bugged and laggy room, very little fun is left. Though enough that I did stick with raiding and wont stop, enjoying it regardless. Some may not though.

I apologize if these are known already and being dealt with.

I know the wall of text I wrote here isn't really a suggestion and rather a bug report or what ever, but I do have an actual suggestion and I didn't want to make two different threads while these thoughts were still fresh on my mind.

So, Infernal and Fire max capes.

Why on earth wouldn't these capes be obtainable by just combining fire/infernal cape with max cape? To me it seems everything is donate able on this server, sure why not you guys do this for money , but christ don't hold your players back from achieving things because they are only obtainable with real money. This to me is absolutely ridiculous as most (if not all, dont know been here only 2 days) of the donation point shop items and such are obtainable from bossing, pvm, pvp. Why , just why, would you make infernal max cape donation only item? That to me is beyond mind blowing. I was so happy to have completed inferno after dozens of people told me it cant be done and that you need 300-500b worth of gear to do it, till I found out you need to pay real money to combine the infernal cape and turn it to the max cape version. Please for the love of god, do something about this.

This server has bucket loads of items and reasons to donate for already, for your own sake as well try to keep and uphold some standards and keep some things off limits from donating. Levels and achievements shouldn't require real money, as we players put our time into achieving these things. Its , free to play game right? , and we shouldn't have to pay to play it. I 100% understand certain items, areas, content etc are donators/donation only, but NEVER have I heard before in all 10 years of playing&running rsps's of a max cape that you have to pay for.

Please take the time to think about this. If you were to revamp the capes, make them something people really desire and would grind for, this would get your players to stick to your game more, get more addicted, play longer and more often. In a long run they'd donate more. Rather than just go for the quick buck, go for the consistency.

This doesn't go for just the capes, there are plenty of other things you can addict your players with, and this is just my experience of 2 days and hopefully many more to come and discover more out of this amazing game. 

I'm sorry if this came out as a rant rather than a suggestion, not my intention. 

Thanks for reading, cya in game!

-Trippin

• Like 1

bigzy    11

Firstly, I'd just like to say thank you for playing and it's great that you're already feeling dedicated, further shown in the effort you made in this post. We Love players that show an interest in how the server develops and grows. So once again, thank you.

This thing with Kaizen, it shouldn't actually happen - we do not permit large giveaways/drop parties of this manner for the very reason you gave, and we will look into it.

The lag issue will tend to be client sided, however you also have to take into consideration the fact that your location in comparison to where the server is hosted (don't quote me but I believe it's in France), so that could be a contributing factor. We are always, however, working on decreasing lag.

The tile issue is known and we are working to fix it, however the list is very long and we have to prioritise things that are more urgent and more beneficial for the longevity of the server. 

The infernal max cape is more cosmetic than useful, you can actually get the infernal max cape in-game, you need the fire of dehumidification from king kurask, fire of eternal light from the corporeal beast to combine it all. Moreover, boss capes (Nex, Hydra, Raids, Corp, Verzik, Vorkath capes) are better stats wise and can be obtained through killing the respectable boss (not including the Nex cape).

We greatly appreciate you speaking out and we wish for you to continue to do so, which will allow us to create a better experience for our players, including you of course :) 

Big love-

• Like 2

Trippin    4
14 hours ago, bigzy said:

Firstly, I'd just like to say thank you for playing and it's great that you're already feeling dedicated, further shown in the effort you made in this post. We Love players that show an interest in how the server develops and grows. So once again, thank you.

This thing with Kaizen, it shouldn't actually happen - we do not permit large giveaways/drop parties of this manner for the very reason you gave, and we will look into it.

The lag issue will tend to be client sided, however you also have to take into consideration the fact that your location in comparison to where the server is hosted (don't quote me but I believe it's in France), so that could be a contributing factor. We are always, however, working on decreasing lag.

The tile issue is known and we are working to fix it, however the list is very long and we have to prioritise things that are more urgent and more beneficial for the longevity of the server. 

The infernal max cape is more cosmetic than useful, you can actually get the infernal max cape in-game, you need the fire of dehumidification from king kurask, fire of eternal light from the corporeal beast to combine it all. Moreover, boss capes (Nex, Hydra, Raids, Corp, Verzik, Vorkath capes) are better stats wise and can be obtained through killing the respectable boss (not including the Nex cape).

We greatly appreciate you speaking out and we wish for you to continue to do so, which will allow us to create a better experience for our players, including you of course :) 

Big love-

Its been nothing but a pleasure and I've got to say as you really took the time to sit down and reply this thoroughly it puts a smile on my face. :)

The lag issues only happen in raids though. Nowhere else hmm. But yeah I am eagerly waiting for this to be fixed one day as I love raiding lag or not haha! Good to know the tiles are waiting to be fixed already 😛

Yeah after I posted this I found out that its rather a cosmetic, regardless, I wanted to get it. And I was also told by Tubbyy that you could once upon a time optain the internal max cape only by donating or buying from players item called 'infernal eel' and it was then removed from the game. Did not know that theres a new? way of getting this cape, in that case I apologize for the inconvenience I may have caused with this!

I as well appreciate you taking time of your day and giving me not only a well constructed reply, but as well new and useful information! 

Thanks,

Trippin

Edited by Trippin
  • Love 1

Arthur    70

Working on this.

• Praise 1

Trippin    4
38 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Working on this.

Amazing news! :)