Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Fayde

My Opinion on the Economy

Cursed    33

This thread should have way more attention. This is the story of basically every new player that enters the server and I frankly feel that this is spot on. The server should focus it's attention to retaining new players as it is true that veteran players are seen handing out starter sets(much like myself) which includes items like blowpiples, arma sets, gold bags etc. that we obtain from donator zones. It is extremely intimidating starting out on the server and struggling to achieve the first 10b with potentially shit gear. Not every new player can donate $$ and not every player receives handouts. 

• Like 2

Rynah    1

I agree with this lol, being a new player is a struggle. I was blessed with individuals from the community that gave me a helping hand. My next goal is a Scythe (SOV) but I see the best one going for like 600b??? It can be very intimidating till the point that im questioning myself if this is even worth it lol...

Cursed    33
4 hours ago, Rynah said:

I agree with this lol, being a new player is a struggle. I was blessed with individuals from the community that gave me a helping hand. My next goal is a Scythe (SOV) but I see the best one going for like 600b??? It can be very intimidating till the point that im questioning myself if this is even worth it lol...

Hopefully some updates with eco will be implemented and it should get easier. until then kee grinding my guy

Rynah    1
18 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Hopefully some updates with eco will be implemented and it should get easier. until then kee grinding my guy

I really hope so, these past days its just been exhausting! The community is so great though and I really enjoy doing raids. Basically the community is what's keeping me to stay lol

Alabama    14

I have to agree.  Even with my donations I find it nearly impossible to make money without my rank supporting it.  I'd like to see skills give more than just the finished product, but some coin for their efforts.  I'm sitting pretty, but found if I Wana go for max state or max xp.  I just decide it isn't worth the time that I'm will to spend gp on lamps just to not waste time.  Also, this is just my two cents I haven't playing that long so let me know if I'm wrong.

Xelta    54

@ AsSxbEb.pngAlabama  I honestly didn't see this thread but I'm glad you dug it up; I also don't believe this thread has enough attention. I'm curious to see the community response to the influx of complaints / suggestions oriented financially and economically at newer players. Attaining wealth is almost entirely luck based (not with drops, either; most of the time, the POS is stale) but rather through the mentioned item giveaways and events like ::cows. I think attaining wealth or GP needs to be more direct and easily-accessible without having to donate a ton of money. Hell, I'm at $250 and I still struggle to keep 1B in the bank.

Alabama    14

@ TxHBP94.pngXelta   Yeah, friend sent it to me.  I feel like gp needs to be easier to get for players noticed it is hard for people to get coin without opening boxes.

Xelta    54

@ AsSxbEb.pngAlabama  What would your opinion be on Lavas dropping 5m per kill as opposed to 2.5, or Hydra dropping consistent 20m per kill?

Alabama    14

@ TxHBP94.pngXelta  Yeah idk about numbers but i do believe that gp drop rates should be increased.  I just don't know by how much, but that would be a good start.  

• Like 1

Xelta    54
28 minutes ago, Alabama said:

@ TxHBP94.pngXelta  Yeah idk about numbers but i do believe that gp drop rates should be increased.  I just don't know by how much, but that would be a good start.  

Yeah, the numbers were obviously a little bit exaggerated, but the point remains; I'm glad to hear your feedback! I agree with raising GP drops, and also adding more into the droptables / raising the chances of drops or double drops.

OG Sage    1

I've only played for two days now, and with help by several members, I've been able to jump ahead to Lava Giants. But even being here... 2.5m a kill is not going to help me achieve these better weapons/gear that's worth over hundreds of BILLIONS. I think there's a huge gap in the economy from being gear worth 300m to 3b to 75b to 300b. And that's where the economy is lacking the true potential of a balanced community.

As much as, I enjoy the server for as little I can actually do... but... The gap between where I am now, and where I should be.... will take me a longer grind than most other style games. (not just RSPS)

Suggestion: Upgrade the cash amount per kill on most PVM monsters. Fix the economic value of these items that are over-populated in the vast majority of the boxes, that the items are obtainable. I really don't know to be honest. Or make more methods of PVM style money making for Early game players. Most of the playerbase are stacked individuals with near BIS gear.

• Like 1

Sezy    61

I whole heartily agree with this thread. From time to time again, I have made friends with really new people. Each always asking the same questions. After days and days of grinding, they find themselves barely with any money. Sadly, this is what causes a good amount to quit. I'd say in my time playing 40% quit because of money issues. People dont wanna grind 1000x hours to afford one item. The other 40% is because of gambling, and well, theres no stopping that lol. the other 10% is because well, its a private server lol, people are pretty much always quit and come back. I think this will help keep people and will help the economy. I saw a really good suggestion about a shop that has a buy price for low tier items. i.e. shop buys vine whips 20m.

image.png.9255de18aec518adf61ec73018d6bf26.png

This is ironically, what I talked to someone about while i was typing this post.

Edited by sezy
  • Like 2

Xelta    54

@ OG Sage  - I am fortunate to have been able to help you from what I can in-game and I am glad to see you getting active on the forums and voicing your opinions! I've been a big proponent of allowing for easier money making in the server, specifically geared to newer played. I'll be honest with you, even after you get that 3b or 75b armor set you want, it doesn't become inherently "easier." Kill times are faster, sure, and bossing is easier, but even at that, you're playing for luck-based drops. You could go 3k dry, or get 20 drops in 200 runs. There are a lot of variables, but that's to be expected with end-game content. I agree with your focus on early / start-game content being waaaay to grindy and unrealistic to achieve.

@ AsSxbEb.pngsezy  - I think I've talked to you a bit in-game about this (asides from our joking around lmao), I'm also glad to see you getting active on the forums and showing support! I agree with your analysis, also. Among the players I've helped that are new, nothing is more sad than helping someone out and seeing them online for a day or two, only to never return because of voiced complaints about the start-game grind.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

DOWNLOAD & PLAY
FOR FREE TODAY!

play now