Jump to content
If there are any problems with the new Chatbox, please let Justin know.
Sign in to follow this  
Liquids

Crystal and Onyx Zone Updates + Eco Fix

Recommended Posts

Liquids    15

So as we all know, eco has been having issues for quite some time. Personally I see the problem as being the fact that there isn't enough cash in-game to buy the ever-growing amount of items. I understand that some ideas (like nerfing double drops for hydra or nerfing high-tier donor zones) was an idea to combat this, however I think we can now say that hasn't quite worked out, with all of Dawn, Porazdir and Hydra's drops now being almost worthless anyway (in part because there's no cash in-game to buy them).

One thing I've been thinking about for a while is adding a "PvM Shard shop". I feel like one huge way we could improve eco and improve it rather quickly is by increasing gp drops so that pvming actually pays out immediately, without having to sell the items you get, because like I mentioned, in most cases that's incredibly difficult these days. So, one idea I would like to put forward to you guys is this. Make a PvM Shard shop (or something similar), add shards (in various amounts) to monster drop tables and put gp tickets, $ scrolls and maybe even vote scrolls in these shops for players to purchase with their shards. One thing awful about the boss points shop is that apart from the boxes, everything is basically useless. Even the boxes you'd have to sell and with the lack of gp in the eco, that's extremely hard. We need more gp in the eco and this is one way to do it. If creating a whole new shop is out of the question, add gp tickets to the boss points shop, however that also takes away from the fun of pvming and not knowing what you'll get and turns it into a grindy, camping, boring part of the game noone wants to do.

Another thing I miss, and I know a lot of other players miss as well, is the double rare drops. All of the monsters that actually get killed for money don't have double drops anymore and that's again partly because eco is so messed up. One of the main reasons I loved this server was because of those doubled drops, because it actually made it feel easier to camp bosses for a long while seeing those items stack up quicker. We need these doubled drops back, however there should be an option to trade in these drops for shards/cash. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, but imagine this. You toggle an option in settings that turns the drops you get from bosses directly into shards based on their drop rate. You're killing hydra and you get some holy sandals, boom 100 shards. You get a deadman's cape, boom 1000 shards (I didn't do the actual math but you get the idea). You still get the joy and the excited feeling of getting a rare drop and seeing it announced to the server, you still get the doubled drop aspect (however in this case it's doubled shards) AND you don't have to worry about the fact that there are 500 hydra capes all selling for 8b rn and finding a way to sell your new found drop because you already have the shards which you can quickly run to the shard store and exchange for 10b cash (or w.e).

I also believe that because of the fact that a ton of players paid for crystal and onyx ranks and then had their benefits nerfed, these donors should be given some sort of increase in shard drops for monsters in their zones. These are players who have shown their support for the server through their own time and money and even though it might seem biased coming from me, I feel like they should be given benefits as a thank-you rather than having them taken away. One idea I had would just be to give Porazdir and Dawn higher shard drops rates and this way, allowing these players to make cash faster.

I believe this suggestion solves a number of issues.
1) Doubled Drops return and with it, PvMers
2) More GP gets put into the eco and helps even out eco + make pos more active (and brings back people who don't have much time to play but can still sell items without spending 5 hours in-game trying to find a buyer)
3) Crystal donors and Onyx donors get a bit happier because their zones aren't as useless and those donor ranks become a bit more enticing
4) Players can choose between receiving shards or normal drops so everyone gets what they want

Few extra notes
* Like I said, if this isn't possible, at least add gp tickets to existing shops, right now noone uses them
* Another idea I had was buffing gold bags (like god damn these actually suck d*ck right now) as well as monster gp drops (ex. Hydra from 5m to 10m, Dawn from 10m to 15m etc.) and adding 100b and maybe even 250b gp drops to some monsters tables (perhaps some of the least camped monsters like Corp and Nex).

Let me know what you think below.

Edited by Liquids

Share this post


Link to post
Cursed    5

Incredibly well thought out suggestion. This needs to get implemented. It's extremely demoralizing for both new+old players to grind out for hours to have their items not sell. New players would be attracted to this and would have more of reason to stay. Ranks would be more enticing thus more donations into the game. There is little cash circulating in the game and items are not selling thus making pvming not very attractive. This suggestion needs to be taken seriously in order for the server to grow along with the player base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Tubbyy    10
  • there's tons of cash in game.. i have like 12t cash myself. so yeah. the orb gets filled like what? once or twice a day? that means there's always donators. donators = boxes. boxes give cash. 1-5b notes. 100m notes. goodiebags for 1000b. theres tons of cash in the eco... when prices crash, u don't just print more money lol. its a good thing that items are crashing. it means the item gambler worked. the whole reason he was put there was to take money out. in return, crash the price of items. nobody wants to pay 100b for a tbow. or 200b for a scythe. the eco is in a great place right now. honestly, this whole post is filled with a lot of emotion, and you are one of the ones that would be mostly affected by this.. players with banks like 1-5t took the biggest hit from all this. and that's right where u fall. i think you're just mad hehe.. a lot of players are mad the price of their item crashed from 1.5t to 1.2t or whatever.. just suck it up. it's a good thing for the new players. there won't be like 2 players grinding for 100b to get a tbow. instead there will be more players grinding for a 40b tbow. will have a healthier player base, with more players grinding, meaning more people staying. instead of having people quit like before because they didn't wanna grind for a 100b tbow. or cause once they got 300b, the item they were going for went up to 400b (that was me with scythe x lol). but ye.. i grinded for my tbow when it was 40b and that shit was hard... i couldnt imagine trying to grind for 100b.. anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter. don't take it up the anus liquids
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Liquids    15
20 hours ago, Tubbyy said:
  • there's tons of cash in game.. i have like 12t cash myself. so yeah. the orb gets filled like what? once or twice a day? that means there's always donators. donators = boxes. boxes give cash. 1-5b notes. 100m notes. goodiebags for 1000b. theres tons of cash in the eco... when prices crash, u don't just print more money lol. its a good thing that items are crashing. it means the item gambler worked. the whole reason he was put there was to take money out. in return, crash the price of items. nobody wants to pay 100b for a tbow. or 200b for a scythe. the eco is in a great place right now. honestly, this whole post is filled with a lot of emotion, and you are one of the ones that would be mostly affected by this.. players with banks like 1-5t took the biggest hit from all this. and that's right where u fall. i think you're just mad hehe.. a lot of players are mad the price of their item crashed from 1.5t to 1.2t or whatever.. just suck it up. it's a good thing for the new players. there won't be like 2 players grinding for 100b to get a tbow. instead there will be more players grinding for a 40b tbow. will have a healthier player base, with more players grinding, meaning more people staying. instead of having people quit like before because they didn't wanna grind for a 100b tbow. or cause once they got 300b, the item they were going for went up to 400b (that was me with scythe x lol). but ye.. i grinded for my tbow when it was 40b and that shit was hard... i couldnt imagine trying to grind for 100b.. anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter. don't take it up the anus liquids

Very constructive Tubbyy, I can tell you're trying to help and not just responding based on emotion (which is ironically what you said I was doing). Telling us you have "12T cash yourself" doesn't mean the eco is in a good place. You hoard all your cash so obviously it's not in the eco. You don't even play the game so again, how would you have any idea what the eco is like. Also, you do understand that the prices of all items are relative to one another right? So before when players camped for drops and those drops (ex. Hydra cape) made them 40b, they would be let's say halfway to earning a tbow (80b). Whereas now, what we're seeing is the items that are overcamped (which are all the items/bosses available to these new players who haven't donated 2k+) are essentially worthless and won't ever sell. Meaning that the items they ACTUALLY WANT (like tbow), they have to grind olm to actually get the drop because they don't have the cash due to their other drops not selling and in case you haven't noticed (which again you probably haven't cause you don't actually play the game), the drop rates are incredibly skewed and make it nearly impossible to get any of the high tier gear.

I think you're honestly more spoiled then the players you're angry at (me for example). You never played the game to earn cash, you scammed the donation system and took advantage of new players not knowing dono prices to make your bank lmfao. You can't possibly tell other players the eco is in a good state because "I have 12t cash myself" when you've been struggling to sell angelic boots, cele set, sang staffs etc. for 2 weeks. Also, wouldn't it benefit you more than anyone else to have prices of items crash since you have a majority of the cash in-game? Hmmm interesting. You're easily one of the most emotional players on the server (proven by the above response) and have been of absolutely no help to anyone on here apart from the guys that collect your dono's. So please.. leave the eco problems to the players that actually understand economics. Thx.

Edited by Liquids

Share this post


Link to post
Tubbyy    10

Kk, I have nothing further to say. Hopefully, whoever reads this is smart enough to understand who is more level headed and rational about all of this. i don't need to explain anything to you lol, like about how I got my money, whatever tf you wasted like 20 minutes of your day putting together l0l. You can't even keep on a simple conversation without blowing your head off. i literally said "don't take it up the anus". what did you do? rode that fucker like there was no tomorrow...

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tubbyy    10

I would love to actually talk about this. You make some interesting points. It's a shame you back it up with furious rage.

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Liquids    15
1 hour ago, Tubbyy said:

I would love to actually talk about this. You make some interesting points. It's a shame you back it up with furious rage.

Actually what I did is called rebutting. Your initial statement would be the one backed by rage since you offered no clear evidence or supporting facts, all you offered were personal stories. If you do actually want to talk about the issues I brought up without bringing up emotions or bank values be my guest, I've just never seen you able to do that before so I'm quite hesitant. If you can take the time to actually come up with an argument to why putting more cash into the game is a bad thing, please, go for it.

And just so we're clear, you're right, you don't have to explain how you got your money because I'm well aware of it. I saw the offers in-game, I saw you redeeming the stacked dono's and it doesn't take a genius to put together the fact that you scammed the system (which they've since made against the rules because it was obviously flawed on all ends except yours). If you actually played the game and took part in the eco you would understand why I felt the need to bring up this thread, but instead you bring up bank sizes and emotions and offer no evidence as to why anything I've said is a bad idea.

Edited by Liquids

Share this post


Link to post
Liquids    15
9 minutes ago, Tubbyy said:

notice how his tone changed lol

Still no constructive feedback or evidence to support your claims. I think my point has been proven. Going after "tone" because you have nothing else to reach for.

Update - This is how @Tubbyyresponds when I try to talk about his points (which he asked me to do if im not mistaken)

767524177_ScreenShot2020-01-12at2_29_40PM.png.335ec3530c2051d3c6ec2f979ede435b.png1185485385_ScreenShot2020-01-12at2_42_06PM.png.27d971c7fc6d1fdeadd84a901e818c6f.png

Edited by Liquids
Lols

Share this post


Link to post
Justin    42

The game is extremely rough for new players but it is getting slowly better and based on changes that I know are coming, this should only get even better.

A point system similar to boss points but in relation to boss drops wouldn't be a bad idea given how disappointing the boss points store actually is. 
The double drops benefit given to Diamond donators might as well not exist. Understandably, it shouldn't double all drops as this would be insanely strong but the items that it does work on, are absolutely useless.

I personally believe it would be more worth it investing time into breathing new life back into older bosses that have gone neglected for so long.
Giant Mole, Skotizo, Kraken, Bork, Bandos Avatar, Glacors, Dagonnoths, King Black Dragon and even Vorkath.
(Nex Multi and Zulrah are special mentions that need attention asap.)

Once Hydra is returned to the former glory it once had, giving other people a lot more options is beneficiary to everyone.

 

As for all the crap above this comment, if you've got nothing to say about your opinion on the subject, don't post a comment. No one cares what point you're trying to prove.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Liquids    15
11 minutes ago, Justin said:

The game is extremely rough for new players but it is getting slowly better and based on changes that I know are coming, this should only get even better.

A point system similar to boss points but in relation to boss drops wouldn't be a bad idea given how disappointing the boss points store actually is. 
The double drops benefit given to Diamond donators might as well not exist. Understandably, it shouldn't double all drops as this would be insanely strong but the items that it does work on, are absolutely useless.

I personally believe it would be more worth it investing time into breathing new life back into older bosses that have gone neglected for so long.
Giant Mole, Skotizo, Kraken, Bork, Bandos Avatar, Glacors, Dagonnoths, King Black Dragon and even Vorkath.
(Nex Multi and Zulrah are special mentions that need attention asap.)

Once Hydra is returned to the former glory it once had, giving other people a lot more options is beneficiary to everyone.

 

As for all the crap above this comment, if you've got nothing to say about your opinion on the subject, don't post a comment. No one cares what point you're trying to prove.

I completely agree with the point about neglected bosses. I've outlined in other posts and also touched on it here that upgrading drop tables is a necessity at this point. I feel like players are stuck killing the same things over and over again because only a few bosses are actually worthwhile and this just makes the game become stale extremely quick (even faster if you have poor luck). I think adding large gp drops to the monsters you outlined above would be a great way to tackle 2 issues. Either that or simply updating drop tables across all bosses to make them at least somewhat more equal. 

Right now when new players ask me what to kill for money I say ::lava (which isn't really that great since their nerf apart from the cash drops), hydra (which again has been destroyed recently) and then it's just onyx and crystal bosses (although Poraz has taken quite a hit as well). To be completely honest, when people ask me what to do for money I tell them to vote. Seems to be the only way new players can get started at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Kevin    25

Thanks for posting this thread. Currently im looking into drop tabels and will do massive changes to benefit the new players also keep top donator ranks happy at the same time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Phentoz    0
5 hours ago, Justin said:

The game is extremely rough for new players but it is getting slowly better and based on changes that I know are coming, this should only get even better.

A point system similar to boss points but in relation to boss drops wouldn't be a bad idea given how disappointing the boss points store actually is. 
The double drops benefit given to Diamond donators might as well not exist. Understandably, it shouldn't double all drops as this would be insanely strong but the items that it does work on, are absolutely useless.

I personally believe it would be more worth it investing time into breathing new life back into older bosses that have gone neglected for so long.
Giant Mole, Skotizo, Kraken, Bork, Bandos Avatar, Glacors, Dagonnoths, King Black Dragon and even Vorkath.
(Nex Multi and Zulrah are special mentions that need attention asap.)

Once Hydra is returned to the former glory it once had, giving other people a lot more options is beneficiary to everyone.

 

As for all the crap above this comment, if you've got nothing to say about your opinion on the subject, don't post a comment. No one cares what point you're trying to prove.

Sooo for the diamond double drop what if instead of making it for every $50 item or how ever it works now, what if you added a double drop based of a percent chancekind like rob with 15% drop rate, so for diamond-sapphire 5% chance, emerald-ruby 10%, onyx-crystal 15% or something along these lines this could be an easy fix which will make donors happy while also not making its super op 

Share this post


Link to post
Liquids    15
17 hours ago, Kevin said:

Thanks for posting this thread. Currently im looking into drop tabels and will do massive changes to benefit the new players also keep top donator ranks happy at the same time.

Thanks for the response Kevin, great to hear! 

Share this post


Link to post
Liquids    15
16 hours ago, Phentoz said:

Sooo for the diamond double drop what if instead of making it for every $50 item or how ever it works now, what if you added a double drop based of a percent chancekind like rob with 15% drop rate, so for diamond-sapphire 5% chance, emerald-ruby 10%, onyx-crystal 15% or something along these lines this could be an easy fix which will make donors happy while also not making its super op 

I think this is a great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Fastneasy    22

Kind of late to this post, however feel like I could also voice my viewpoints on this.

There are two sides to everything Liquids you're right that their does need to be a revamp on drops for all npc's and not just donator ranked npc. However I also have to agree in part with Tubbyy things are difficult to purchase now for any new player coming in. By understanding the price differences you know how much of a grind you will have to do. I'm also not saying it's a great thing that prices have dropped definitely decreases my own bank value, but also it's helpful to other players in order to strive for that specific gear. One side has to take a hit in order for the other side to grow. Introducing higher gold drops definitely would give people more of an incentive to farm those bosses. I'm sure Kevin is working with the developers and something will soon even out this debate. The eco is always changing but it's to be fair to all players not just those that have quicker access to item/cash.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...