Sign in to follow this  
Slowasshonda

Middle Man/Trusted Player Rank

Slowasshonda    27

I know there is already a Middle Man/Trusted Player rank, but I think we need a handful of these players with this rank in game. I also think these players should be given the ability to kick players or maybe just tele them home. I know there have been times where I've been on for over an hour with no staff on. Think it would just be nice to maybe give select few players some kind of rank that give them the ability to assist players when no staff is on. Been plenty of times I've seen players get stuck, can't log in and needed kicked, or just those few times where if would be very helpful to have someone who might be able to help instead of telling them to wait for a staff member to get on which could be over an hour. Just a thought.

I'm not sure how feasible that would be in terms of how much power exactly they'd want to give a 'non-staff player. Being able to kick/teleport is already a pretty huge power, and all it takes is a player with that power to go haywire when no staff is on to remedy the situation. But then again, that's a problem with every staff member if there isn't anyone above them to remedy the situation. But from what I understand from the role of support members, it'd maybe be better to just make them support members since that seems to be the role that they fill. To remedy the part about people not being online at times where support is needed, I think asking new applicants when they'd be most likely to play would give you an idea of when you have staff, times where there's less people, and help you better pick what timezones you need staff in the most. Of course timezones shouldn't be the main reason someone's picked for staff ( and it would be dumb to pick off of that lol ). Back when I did something similar to staff management, though, asking this was part of my ''it would be cool if you had this but it's really not that important'' part of what I was looking for.

Another solution would be to integrate another rank under the already existing support rank, but I think that'd just be superfluous if you put it in the same chain of progression as Support. Someone who does this to help might not want to eventually get promoted to moderator, and are simply doing that to kill time / help in a way that doesn't put on them the same kind of stress that being a moderator does. So creating a new position completely detached from the current staff lineup, and it basically being a staff position of its own that doesn't really feed into the ''i'm gonna be a mod one day'' tree could be a way to approach the trusted player position. I think that if a role like that were to be implemented, it'd have to be in something like that, where they have a staff position that holds them accountable for what they do with the power they have, not that they wouldn't be held accountable otherwise, but making it something ''official'' official kind of shows that it's a serious thing and not just a fun power you can get if you're a good boy/girl for a few weeks. Hopefully that made sense lol.

I do agree though that most staff seems to be online at a very specific time, and that there's little to no one the rest of the day.

Slowasshonda    27
Posted (edited)

Well technically Middle man is a staff member. At least in the past it has been but there almost like staff members who aren't fully apart of the staff. Like this person should not be aloud to ban anyone, just simply kick the player or be able to tele someone home. They can still apply for this role just like every other staff member spot. To comment on the just make them a support staff comment. My only issue with this is when you become a staff member, it comes with rules just like anything else, and so would this rank. I also think they would  only need/use maybe 1-2 players with this rank. Even if someone applies for staff and gets support they could do the same as far as going haywire and kicking an banning people all willy nilly. These rank is basically like a backup rank, so that in the few times where there is no other staff online, they can assist a player in need of help. 

My main point is that I suggested this to help people when staff isn't online, yes they can still be held accountable for any and all actions they do. I think its a small feature that a select few could possibly be chosen for, that would just help assist only when a staff member is not online. It just sucks when you see a player stuck and cant do anything about it and all someone can say is well sucks to suck wait for someone to get on.

Edited by Slowasshonda

batteryguy    0
Posted (edited)

You could advise the person to create a ticket on discord, since staff members will get a notification about it and will hop on the server when they have time to deal with it. It is the quickest and easiest way to get help when noone is online in my opinion.

Edited by batteryguy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this