Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pocky.

Do you agree or disagree on Gun Education?

Recommended Posts

Pocky.    43
Posted (edited)

Let's do an intellectual opinionated debate. 

Do you agree or disagree on Gun Education?  
 

To elaborate, some people believe that guns should be implemented in schools to educate kids on how to prepare and/or dismantle their guns to be used for safety precautions. 
Which means, teachers won't be the only ones having a gun in their possession as kids are not frequently checked in several schools to see if they are in possession of one. 

AND.. GO. 

Edited by Pocky.

Share this post


Link to post
The Saint    0

well it could be hard for a american, but im from europe, and basically we are not just fine, but doing great without all that guns...!

Share this post


Link to post
Senpaiku    8

I don't see this as a necessary standpoint as this should be between parents and their children. Knowing if their child is capable of handling a gun. That also comes with their responsibility of teaching proper gun handling and ownership. I believe not all things should be left to school being the ones to teach kids about things but the parents themselves. We can see schools doing a poor job teaching kids with lack of funding and also just having a teacher willing to care and be passionate enough. Theres a time and place for everything and school isnt one for gun education.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Pocky.    43
1 minute ago, Senpaiku said:

I don't see this as a necessary standpoint as this should be between parents and their children. Knowing if their child is capable of handling a gun. That also comes with their responsibility of teaching proper gun handling and ownership. I believe not all things should be left to school being the ones to teach kids about things but the parents themselves. We can see schools doing a poor job teaching kids with lack of funding and also just having a teacher willing to care and be passionate enough. Theres a time and place for everything and school isnt one for gun education.

I agree with your opinion, however some parents aren't always available to teach their children things. Several schools and parents teach their students/children about sexual education as well; the disadvantages and advantages of how our bodies work, why we have sexual desires and such. Yet to this very day, even being taught about sexual education. There are still a lot of people out there running around, discovering themselves and/or using sex as a means of escape or control. I agree to the idea of teaching children/students how to maintain a gun (dismantling and preparing), this will allow them to use it to their knowledge and safety when needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
sAMMYk    21

I don't think kids or teens should be allowed near a gun, it is not a toy and it is not something they should be playing around with. I can understand that in some cases it might be useful (?), but then again school shootings are still a thing and it's a scary thought of having a full class that is being taught how to handle a gun properly. @ AsSxbEb.pngPocky.  you have mentioned sexual education - this is something that starts with the day we are born until we are 6 feet under, something we can't really avoid and in my opinion it is important that children are being taught about the risks and safe intercourse. You could go saying that guns can't be avoided too and it's important for them to know how to handle them, but then again why would you need them to know how to dismantle and prepare a gun? I think it is unnecessary and extremely dangerous. Guns have and still are a problem in our society and even though they can be a life saver in some cases, they have also created chaos in the world and countless deaths that may have been avoided if there were no guns. The statistics show that having no guns are equal to less crime and death numbers which is actually a huge problem in the US as it is very easy to get a handgun. Without I go any further I will stop here. I will be waiting for you response.

Share this post


Link to post
Pocky.    43
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I was reading an article by Jamie O'Meara for an essay and I was basically arguing that it may be a good idea in their eyes but they're not thinking of how it'll affect other families if their children were to equip such a weapon. Perhaps, giving the opportunity to educate students in schools on how to protect themselves by other means like taking karate, and such or allowing parents to teach their children first-hand on how to protect themselves from society would be a better option than allowing guns to be settled in school for the sake of "teaching". 

I know Americans have gun licenses to obtain and possess them for their own safety precautions, however in Canada, we don't have such a thing. The reason being is probably the same as what most people think, the idea of everyone being in possession of a weapon could cause an increase in violence. 

Edited by Pocky.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Pocky. said:

Yeah, I was reading an article by Jamie O'Meara for an essay and I was basically arguing that it may be a good idea in their eyes but they're not thinking of how it'll affect other families if their children were to equip such a weapon. Perhaps, giving the opportunity to educate students in schools on how to protect themselves by other means like taking karate, and such or allowing parents to teach their children first-hand on how to protect themselves from society would be a better option than allowing guns to be settled in school for the sake of "teaching". 

I know Americans have gun licenses to obtain and possess them for their own safety precautions, however in Canada, we don't have such a thing. The reason being is probably the same as what most people think, the idea of everyone being in possession of a weapon could cause an increase in violence. 

They should be educated in there later years atleast in missouri, maybe like the last year of middle school. Since they are everywhere out here. 

Share this post


Link to post
sAMMYk    21

I'm a huge anti-gun person so I really don't see why anyone in school should be taught how to handle a gun or anything in that direction. Self defense is a different topic though, this is something that should be a separate lesson on itself, because it is so important.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, sAMMYk said:

I'm a huge anti-gun person so I really don't see why anyone in school should be taught how to handle a gun or anything in that direction. Self defense is a different topic though, this is something that should be a separate lesson on itself, because it is so important.

I'd say it should more be safety lessons so there less accidents. Not how to shoot, or anything like that. That part should be up to the parents if they want to do it. Shouldn't be required in schools but atleast an elective or something

Share this post


Link to post
Pocky.    43

The author is a dumb arse, I read all the other assignments from other schools for this particular article. He was biased af, he voiced his own opinion and didn't mention anything about pros/cons to support his article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...